Friday, February 4, 2011

Simple Salad

When I saw the arugula in my bin today, I knew right away that I had to make a salad.  I love arugula!  So, I mixed some arugula and butter lettuce together in a bowl with some pear ginger salad dressing and fresh ground black pepper.  Then I segmented an orange (squeezing the juice from the remaining orange over top of the arugula mixture), sliced some red pepper and apple, cut up some broccoli and added this to the mixed greens.  I topped it off with some sliced carrots, shredded manchego cheese and a little more dressing.

The end result was tastier than first imagined and I'm glad that I didn't try to add anything else to it!  Now, both Dylan and myself will have enough energy to get through the next few hours of derby practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment