Monday, February 21, 2011

Chicken with Brussel Sprouts and Mashed Potatoes

While I can't fully claim the wonderful taste of the chicken (because I found this super tasty preseasoned and marinated Kalbi chicken at PCC Market), I did manage to roast it to perfection.  It was very moist and the flavor was really awesome.  If you're in a time crunch and you live close to a PCC, I highly recommend picking some up, it takes only about 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

For the brussel sprouts, I made them my favorite way.  I quartered them and sauteed them in some butter with chopped onion.  While that was cooking I mixed together some softened butter with lemon zest and crushed hazelnuts.  When the brussel sprouts were nicely browned, I removed them from the heat, placed them in a bowl and mixed them up with the butter.  I then drizzled lemon juice over top to finish it off.  These have a nice texture to them, not at all like the mushy ones that we usually think of.

For the mashed potatoes, I simply boiled the potatoes and the garlic cloves until tender. After draining the potatoes, I mashed them with some butter, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper.  I topped the potatoes off with some salsa and aged cheddar cheese.  These turned out very creamy and delicious!

I'm extremely happy with the way my dinner turned out tonight and it took less than 30 minutes from start to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment