Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pasta with Marsala Sauce and Pork

Tonight I wanted to make a dish using the mushrooms and zucchini that I have, so I came up with the idea to use it in a pasta dish.  I decided to make a Marsala sauce and added mushrooms, gold bell pepper, chopped zucchini and shredded gruyere cheese.  Although the sauce turned out a bit on the sweet side for my taste, it was pretty good.  I think that next time I will just use a little less Marsala wine.

I also picked up some pork, precut into strips, and simply cooked these in a little olive oil, salt and pepper.  The pasta that I used was fresh linguine, which I cooked and put back in the pot with a little of the sauce and added chopped spinach just to wilt it a little.

I finished the dish with some cheese sprinkled over top and some fresh crusty bread.  All in all I'd say tonight's dinner turned out pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment