Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rainbow Chard and Black Bean Tacos

After last nights disappointing steak, I figured that tonight I had better stay away from meat altogether and find a way to make up for it.  So I spent a few minutes researching a new way to use some of this beautiful chard that I have (the colors really are amazing, pink, orange, pink/white and yellow/green!) and found a recipe where someone had cooked up some chard and put it into a corn tortilla to make taco's out of it.  I thought that sounded like a great idea and decided to come up with my own version.

I sauteed up some chopped onion and the colorful chard stalks, added the chard leaves and cooked until just wilted.  I then warmed up some black beans and added a little cilantro for added flavor and warmed up some flour tortilla's (because I really don't care for the hard, crunchy corn tortilla's).  To top the taco's, I chopped up several cheeses that I found at Whole Foods today (smoked gouda, chili chive onion gouda, muenster), two different types of salsa (tequila lime and smoked tomatillo) and some sour cream.  I am a huge fan of variety, so the fact that I had so many toppings to choose from allowed me to mix it up a bit.

I'm extremely happy with the way that my taco's turned out and have officially been forgiven for last night's meal.  I think from now on I will just stick to what I know best....veggies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment