Sunday, February 13, 2011

Celery Root, Sweet Potato and Greens Stew

Even though, I made and finished this stew several hours ago, I am just now sitting down to eat it! I've been making cupcakes for my daughter's Valentine's Day party at school tomorrow and, after she raved about how good this dinner turned out, I've been dying to try it!  It is SO good!  This being only the second time that I've made anything using the celery root, I'm beginning to think that it would taste good in just about any meal.

I sauteed up some red onion, garlic, ginger and chard stalks (which I still have reserved from last week) in a little butter.  Once this was browned, I then added some chopped (into large chunks) sweet potato, carrot, celery root and the rest of the fennel from yesterday's dinner.  I boiled this until the sweet potatoes were soft and then I added some arugula, collard greens and broccoli and cooked just until the greens wilted so that they kept their bright green color.  I garnished my stew with some sour cream, diced red bell pepper, fennel fronds and smoked gouda.  The flavors all worked extremely well together, so I'm quite pleased with the results!  It also made a lot, so we will probably be eating this for dinner tomorrow again, since I may not have time to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment