Friday, February 11, 2011

Green Beans with Hollandaise and Dylan's Salad

I often find that some of the best meals are not only the simplest, but the ones that I am able to make with my daughter.  When I calm down and take the time to teach her how to do things in the kitchen, I am all of a sudden at peace. I think that if all we made was cut up apples it would be the tastiest meal ever, if for no other reason than the fact that we did it together.

So, tonight, I cooked up these beautiful green beans and smothered then in the best hollandaise sauce that I've ever made and covered them in manchego cheese. Can I just say, I did all but lick the plate (and you know how I feel about eggs!). So good! Even Dylan exclaimed, "Mom, this is SO good!"  (So, here's a tip, if you can't get your kids to eat green beans, pour hollandaise over it and watch them disappear!)

Dylan made the salad, by herself, tonight.  I'm quite proud of her.  She washed the arugula and red butter lettuce leaves.  She put the avocado in a bowl and covered it in lemon juice and then she segmented the grapefruit.  I'm dubbing this Dylan's Salad, because it seems to be her favorite and she had a lot of fun making it.  We then put some blue cheese dressing on top. A simple, flavorful salad.  The red grapefruit by the way is what did it, I don't think that I've ever had such sweet grapefruit (not very tart at all!).

No comments:

Post a Comment