Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Meyer Lemon Cupcakes with Blood Orange Buttercream Frosting

When I saw that I was getting Meyer lemons and blood oranges in my bin, I was really excited! My first thought, of course, was to make cupcakes with them and I've been anxiously waiting all week to make them (today is really the first day that I've had the time to).

I have to say, these are definitely worth the wait.  The lemon cupcake is light and fluffy with a delicious lemon flavor.  The blood orange frosting was a wonderful idea too!  It tinted the buttercream a beautiful light coral hue and gave it a light, not too sweet, orange flavor which worked great with the lemon.

I think that I may have to add these to my ever growing list of cupcake flavors! (Please visit http://www.cupcakesbyjess.com/ for my cupcake website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment