Sunday, May 1, 2011

Friday Bin 4/29

You know how when you get behind on something and it takes forever to get back on track? I'm finding that I'm having that problem with posting my Friday Bin updates! Grr..I promise to be on time next week!! Thankfully, I haven't had any time to make anything with my bin yet, so I'm not behind on any other posts. This week I have some pretty neat ingredients to work with too!

Sweet Nante Carrots
Cucumbers
Leeks
Texas Sweet Onions
Gold Beets
Russet Potatoes
Baby Turnips with Tops
Crimini Mushrooms
Rainbow Chard
Heirloom Baby Leaf Lettuce
Lemons
Braeburn Apples
Minneola Tangelos
Strawberries

I have already used some of the carrots and cucumbers and my strawberries (which I got a full pound of this week) are now all gone! I set out a plate with some sliced carrots, cucumbers, celery and strawberries yesterday and that's what everyone spent the day munching on! It was a very good idea and way healthier than the typical snacks that everyone usually grabs. 

1 comment: