Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pork Loin with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Gold Beets

Well, it seems that I've gotten ahead of myself in the meat cooking department.  After having so many good meals turn out and thinking that I have redeemed myself, I go and cook my pork too long. I mostly forgot that it was in the oven because I was preoccupied with cupcakes and potatoes, but no excuses! I overcooked it by about 15 degrees or so. I'd say that if you like your meat well done then you would definitely have liked this, and it really didn't taste too bad, it was just a bit on the dry side.  I sprinkled the top of the loin with garlic salt, lemon pepper and red pepper before putting in a 350 degree oven. It was supposed to be pulled out of the oven when the inside temp reached 150, but by the time I got to it, it was already at 160.  The seasoning on the pork was really good, which made it edible at least, so I think that I will definitely have to make this again and just keep a better eye on it.

To serve along with this I quartered the fingerling potatoes and gold beets, peeled about 6 cloves of garlic and placed them on a baking pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper to coat.  These were roasted in a 425 degree oven until cooked through (about 15 minutes).  I also made up some broccoli and cauliflower, since it's really good and I haven't used it all up just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment