Monday, May 23, 2011

Lamb Tips with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Steamed Radishes

After Dylan said to me that she would never eat lamb and then made some faces about just the thought of eating it, of course we had to have it for dinner tonight! So, we went to Trader Joe's and picked up their Burgundy Pepper Lamb Tips. I put the tips in a large saute pan over high heat with a bit of olive oil and cooked the tips for around 5 minutes and set aside to rest.  For the sauce, I boiled down the pan drippings, added some white balsamic vinegar and white wine, boiled this down a bit and added some heavy cream.

For the potatoes, I quartered each one, added some halved, sliced leeks and coated with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper. I placed this on a foil lined baking sheet and baked for about 15 minutes.

And finally, for the radishes, I trimmed the tops, rinsed them, put them into a small glass bowl and cooked them in the microwave for 4 minutes.

For being as quick and easy as dinner was tonight, I have to say, there was a lot of great flavor going on. I didn't even overcook the lamb tonight so it turned out great!!  The sauce was so easy and tasted so good that I covered my potatoes in it too. I also really enjoyed the steamed radishes, they had an almost sweet flavor, it was a nice change from their normally spicy crunch.


Oh, and Dylan, she loved the lamb, just like I knew she would.

No comments:

Post a Comment