Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tomato, Spinach and Green Bell Pepper Pizza

When I got my bin on Friday, I immediately thought "Pizza!".  I was too lazy to make homemade pizza dough so I went to the store and bought a Pillsbury pizza crust.  I did however make my own sauce.  I put olive oil, minced garlic, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, coarse salt, fresh black pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar into a small sauce pan and simmered until soft. Using a potato masher, I mashed the sauce until it had a smoother consistency and spread on top of the pizza crust.  Next, I put down a layer of fresh spinach and placed a layer of thinly sliced green bell peppers, tomatoes and fresh mozzarrella on top.

I baked the pizza for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

I'm not super happy with the way the store bough pizza crust tastes, but other than that this pizza turned out pretty good! The tomatoes and bell peppers were delicious and the fresh mozzarrella on top was amazing. (I actually think that I ate half of the ball of mozzarrella before even putting any onto the pizza!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment