Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rockfish with Steamed Asparagus and Tomatoes

Once again, I have to say "Thank you!" to the guy who works the seafood counter at Whole Foods.  Dylan and I knew we wanted fish for dinner, we just had no idea yet what kind, so he suggested his current favorite, rockfish.  He said tha he just coats it in breadcrumbs and panfry's it for a few minutes on each side.

I followed his advice, only I added fresh ground black pepper and lemon zest to the breadcrumbs before coating the fish and panfry'd it in a bit of olive oil and unsalted butter.  It took about 5 minutes per side on medium-high heat.

Meanwhile I made the rice, steamed the asparagus and rinsed off a few butter lettuce leaves.

When the fish was done I added some chopped onion into the pan to saute until softened, then added some chopped tomatoes and coarse sea salt and cooked just until the tomatoes were warmed and began to release their juices.

To plate my meal, I placed two butter lettuce leaves on a plate, topped with a scoop of rice, a filet of rockfish, some asparagus spears and a spoonful of the tomato relish. To finish it off, I squeezed some lemon over top.

Wow! I think that rockfish is officially my new favorite type of fish. It was moist, flaky and slightly sweet, which went really well with the asparagus and tomatoes. 

At first Dylan couldn't stop talking about how pretty dinner looked tonight, then she took a bite and couldn't stop talking about how good it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment