Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cucumber and Zucchini Salad

I made an easy salad today to take over to a friend's for dinner. I thinly sliced cucumbers, zucchini and sweet onion with a mandoline slicer and placed into a large bowl. For the dressing, I mixed sugar and vinegar together with hot water to dissolve the sugar and added some black pepper, lavendar salt and red pepper flakes. The dressing was poured over the cucumber mix and stirred to coat. I placed the salad in the fridge for an hour to marinate and allow the flavors to develop, stirring occasionally.

This salad turned out great and the total prep time was less than 10 minutes! It also went really well with the tomato and fresh mozzarella salad and the excellent grilled tuna steaks that my friend made. I think that I will have to make this salad again tomorrow so that I can munch on it throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment