Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Caramel Apple Chai Cupcakes

I realize that cupcakes with a bit of apple in them isn't exactly following the guidelines of my blog, but I'm trying to post every day this month so I figured I could make it work. I am after all using some of the apples from my bin!

I started with making just a basic yellow cupcake, except when I added the milk I added a packet of vanilla chai tea latte mix to it before adding to the batter. Once the batter was completely mixed, I folded in two chopped, peeled apples. I put these into my mini cupcake liners, baked for 15 minutes and set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, I made the Caramel Swiss Buttercream Frosting. Swiss buttercream is a bit different than traditional frosting, using a mixture of warmed egg whites and sugar whipped into a meringue and beat with butter. I added about a cup of caramel sauce to the buttercream and mixed until combined.

To finish them, I dusted the tops with cinnamon. 

These turned out great! Caramel chai latte's are my favorite drink and now I've made it into a cupcake and added apple to it, so good! I hope that the ladies at my daughter's school enjoy these for their Staff Appreciation lunch tomorrow just as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow these turned out so great! did you get any comments from the intended audience?

    ReplyDelete