Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stuffed Red Bell Peppers

For today's meal, I wanted to do something to showcase these beautiful red bell peppers that I got yesterday!  I decided that they should be stuffed, now I've never made stuffed peppers before, so I wasn't exactly sure what was supposed to go inside.  I just knew I needed to use some of these veggies that I have in my fridge. After brainstorming with Dylan, we came up with a mixture of wild rice (I used Uncle Ben's wild rice, omitted the seasoning packet and added onions and garlic), crimini mushrooms, spinach, goat cheese and black beans.

I chose to serve warm pita bread with the peppers today, because I thought it would compliment the rice mixture better than a french bread.

My first experience with stuffing red peppers, turned out to be a good one.  I'm very happy that I went with a goat cheese instead of a cheddar or mozzarella, the flavors worked really well together.  We at so much that now we feel just as stuffed as these peppers started out!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your cooking blogs! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete