Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stuffed Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli


Alright, after my not so fabulous dinner last night, there was no way I was even going to attempt to eat the leftovers today. So, I figured that I needed to make up for it tonight.  Which, I am happy to say, I did quite well.

Since, I had already decided that I wasn't going to make a salad for dinner this week, I needed to figure out a more creative way to use up this spinach.  I decided to do my chicken stuffed with spinach, prosciutto and muenster, which I rolled up and breaded, then baked in the oven for 20 minutes.  It came out just like I knew it would. Cheesy and juicy!

I decided to use up the broccoli by simply cooking them in some water and adding butter and garlic salt. For the potatoes however, I wanted to try something new.  I put russet potatoes, parsnips and garlic cloves in a large pot and boiled them. Then I drained and mashed them, and added a little butter, salt and pepper.  I got a super creamy, garlicky mashed potato, that I will definitely be making again! Yum!

I also served some kalamata olive bread (the best bread ever made!) that I picked up from Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment