Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Double Orange Cupcakes

Earlier today I realized that I have all these navel oranges and clementines that I haven't used yet! So, being the cupcake baker that I am, I decided that I needed to make cupcakes with these.

I started off by making the white chocolate orange cupcakes, these have orange rind, juice and segments in them.  I then made a clementine buttercream frosting, I used the rind and the juice for this. I also attempted to make candied orange peel for the garnish, but as it turns out, I'm terrible at it.  I swear one second they were happy in their sugar syrup and the next completely burnt to a crisp! So sad.

My cupcakes, even though they are left without a pretty garnish, turned out awesome!  I will definitely be adding these to my menu (http://www.cupcakesbyjess.com/) and I look forward to sharing them and hearing how tasty they are.

1 comment: