Monday, January 24, 2011

Cabbage Soup - Day 2

Even though there wasn't very much soup leftover from last night, and I really don't like to eat leftovers, I wanted to see if there was a way that I could turn it into a completely different dish.  I'd also been trying to use the potato pancakes that I made the other day in a new way, so I decided to combine the two.

I reheated the cabbage soup, leaving out all but a little of the liquid.  I made some wonderfully crispy potato pancakes and topped them with the cabbage mixture.  I also shredded some of the gouda that I surprisingly still had left from yesterday and sprinkled this on top of the dish.

To be honest, as good as the cabbage soup was, I think that I should have made this from the beginning!  The combination of the creamy cabbage mixture and the crunchy potatoes was amazing, and I don't think that I will have to worry about there being any leftovers tonight, of either the pancakes or the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment