Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ham, Spinach and Cauliflower Casserole

The idea for dinner tonight came from me trying to figure out how to start using up some of these veggies.  I decided on making a casserole.  I started by steaming the cauliflower and cooking the noodles.  Then I made a white sauce and mixed in some mozzarella cheese.  I combined the noodles, cauliflower, spinach, ham and cheese sauce, poured this into a baking dish and covered it with a combination of mozzarella cheese and chopped bell peppers. Then baked it in the oven for about an hour.

I feel that even though this dish turned out pretty good, there are some things that I would do differently next time.  I would definitely use a sharper cheese for the sauce, I feel that it was lacking a little in flavor, and I should have made twice as much as I did.  The casserole didn't turn out as creamy as I was hoping for.  I also think that I would use pancetta or bacon in place of the ham, for an additional flavor boost.

Dylan seemed to like it a lot though.  She ate three plates of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment