Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Bin 9/30/2011

I am extremely excited about today's bin! It is absolutely full of amazing fruits and vegetables that I can't wait to get cooking with.

Local Beets with Tops
Local Cauliflower
Local Corn
Local Red Chard
Local Bibb Lettuce
Local Green Beans
Local Blue and White Potatoes
Local Green Bell Pepper
Local Red Bell Pepper
Mixed Summer Squash
Sungold Cherry Tomatoes
Flat Leaf Parsley
Local Kiwi Berries
Gala & Buckeye Apples
Local Bartlett Pears
Black Mission Figs

I have to admit, I've never even so much as heard of a kiwi berry but I can't wait to taste them! Kiwi's are one of my all time favorite fruits so I can imagine that I'm going to enjoy these too, I just have to figure out what to do with them first!  I also have another new item, blue potatoes, I've seen them, however I don't actually know what they taste like. Maybe they taste just like regular potatoes?  The mixed summer squash is also a very fun item, I just love the way they look and their flavor is really incredible. As for the parsley, I'm a huge fan of fresh herbs, so this will come in quite handy this week I'm sure. The black mission figs are a great treat too, I've never really been a fan of them but the more that I cook with them the more I really start to enjoy eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment