Thursday, September 8, 2011

Eggplant and Goat Cheese Sandwiches

I was looking for a way to use up the rest of my eggplant and decided on sandwiches. It's been rather hot this week and that's always a quick and easy idea for dinner.

I sliced the eggplant, sweet peppers, onions and bread and brushed each with a little olive oil (on both sides). These were then all placed on a baking sheet and put under the broiler for a few minutes per side, just long enough to heat through and add a little color (or a lot of color as was the case with my bread, oops!).

To assemble the sandwiches, I spread a little goat cheese on each slice of bread, added a layer of arugula, spinach, eggplant, sweet peppers, onions and topped with another slice of the bread.

Although my bread did get a bit overly toasted, we found out that if we placed our sandwiches in the microwave for about 30 seconds, it softened up.  They turned out pretty tasty, I do think that the addition of pesto or maybe even a grainy mustard would have been good too and I will definitely add tomato slices the next time I make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment