Monday, September 12, 2011

Friday Bin 9/9/11

Sadly, I was so busy moving this weekend that I have hardly even had a chance to look at the produce that I received on Friday! So, I am really looking forward to getting home today and being able to plan out a few delicious dinners for the week.

Local Red Onion
Local Purple Beets with Tops
Italian Striped Zucchini
Local Lacinato Kale
Local Spinach
Gypsy Sweet Peppers
Local Cucumbers
Local Slicer Tomatoes
NW Grown Cantaloupe
NW Gala Apples
Local Peaches
NW Dapple Dandy Pluots
Bananas
Black Mission Figs

First up, I'm going to tackle these beautiful figs!! These are a fairly new item for me, since I don't have very much experience cooking with them and I've really only eaten them once or twice. However, I'm going to hope for the best and choose an easy recipe so that I don't screw it up! (At least I hope that I don't!)

I'm also very excited to have the Gypsy Sweet Peppers again this week, they have a really great flavor to them and should go quite well with several other items in my box.

No comments:

Post a Comment