Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Prosciutto Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Goat Cheese

I was really looking forward to making this dish last night, so I set off to Whole Foods to get some of the specialty ingredients for it and found the most delicious Prosciutto Coppa at the deli counter!  I would have been perfectly happy just eating this for dinner but, being the first dish that I was making at my new place, I held out.

I started off by adding some balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and simmering over medium low heat until it was reduced by half.  Then I sliced the Black Mission figs in half lengthwise, added a slice of goat cheese on top of each half and wrapped each in a slice of prosciutto.  The wrapped figs were then placed onto a foil lined baking sheet which I had sprayed with cooking spray.  I baked these in a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

To serve, I placed the figs on a platter and drizzled with the reduced balsamic vinegar.

Although, I don't think that I'm as crazy about figs as some people are, this turned out pretty good. I also love that it was so easy to make. I think that the next time I'm making dinner and trying to impress someone this will definitely be making it to the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment