Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apple Gouda Sausage with Roasted Cauliflower and Sauteed Spinach and Onions

The inspiration for tonight's meal was the delicious apple gouda sausage that I found at Whole Foods Market. I am a firm believer that everything tastes better with gouda and these definitely don't disappoint!

To go along with the sausage, I served them on a bed of caramelized onions and sauteed spinach. I also made some roasted cauliflower by cutting into large chunks and coating in olive oil, applewood smoked salt (which is amazing, even my daughter couldn't stop talking about how great the flavor is) and fresh ground black pepper, placing in a 425 degree oven until fully cooked through and beginning to brown.

I also felt that this meal needed a little starch, so I diced up some red potatoes and pan fried them in a little olive oil and butter until crispy. I finished the potatoes with a light sprinkling of a mediterranean salt blend. (I know I use this salt blend a lot, but it really is the best way to add a bit of flavor to any dish, a mixture of lavender, lemon zest and salt. It is absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend picking some up if you can find it.)

Having a lack of multiple pans to cook with, I had to make dinner in stages so it ended up taking me quite some time to do, keeping things warm in the oven as I went along. However, everything was extremely simple and well worth the wait.

I've also managed to use up most of the vegetables from my bin this week, so I am really looking forward to receiving my new bin tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment