Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sausage, Spinach and Potatoes

I hade to make something for dinner tonight that would allow me to use up the rest of the delicious apple gouda sausage, so I grabbed a bunch of items out of my refrigerator. 

The result was the usual adding of onion and garlic with a little olive oil to a pan, this time I also added some chopped gypsy peppers, diced potato, salt and pepper. This was cooked until the potatoes were fully cooked through and beginning to brown. I then added the sausage (which had been removed from the casings and chopped into large chunks), spinach, tomatoes and black beans.  I continued to cook the mixture until everything was fully heated through and the spinach was wilted. This was served with a little sour cream.

This turned out pretty good, aside from the fact that half my potatoes were not fully cooked through like I thought! (Turns out, it actually cooks better if you dice the potato into uniform sized pieces...duh!)  Dylan however really seemed to enjoy it, in fact she not only finished my bowl but all the rest too! Atleast now I don't have to worry about how to heat up the leftovers tomorrow (still no microwave yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment