Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kiwiberry Shortcake

Personally, I don't think that there is anything better than having dessert for dinner, especially after a rather difficult day. So I decided to make good use of these gorgeous kiwiberries.

I started off by making the biscuits, just a simple mixture of Bisquick mix, sugar and milk. This was then kneaded, shaped and baked in a 450 degree oven for about 6 minutes.

I also made a quick raspberry sauce, by heating half a cup of frozen sweetened raspberries over medium low heat until all of the raspberries were heated and falling apart. The raspberries were poured into a fine mesh strainer and all of the juice was pressed into a bowl.

While the raspberries were cooking, I sliced the kiwiberries and thawed the Cool Whip.

To assemble, I placed a biscuit on each plate, topped with a spoonful of kiwiberry slices, a spoonful of Cool Whip and a light drizzle of raspberry sauce. I topped with another biscuit, a bit more Cool Whip and garnished the plate with more kiwiberry slices and raspberry sauce.

This was my favorite dinner ever! I might even go so far as to say my favorite dish ever! Super simple to make, the right combination of sweet and tart and the perfect end to a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment