Sunday, October 30, 2011

Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

I knew that tonight's dinner had to include a lot of vegetables, and while strolling through the store with Dylan today, we found some boneless skinless chicken legs. This resulted in us coming up with the idea for roasted chicken, to which I decided why not just roast the veggies as well?

After rinsing and patting dry the chicken, I placed on a foil lined baking pan and sprinkled with smoked sea salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder.

For the vegetables, I chopped fennel, golden beets, leeks, purple and white potatoes, carrots and parsnips into bite sized chunks. I placed these into a large bowl and sprinkled with sea salt, black pepper and fresh thyme. I drizzled with a bit of olive oil and stirred until fully combined.  The vegetables were then poured out onto a large foil lined baking sheet.

I placed both the chicken and vegetables in the oven at 425 degrees, until beginning to brown and fully cooked through. I finished with a sprinkling of fresh fennel fronds.

I have to say that this was a definite fall meal. The chicken was really moist and flavorful and the vegetables all worked great together. There was a bit of sweetness from the beets and a bit of savory from the fresh thyme, very tasty.

I'm also looking forward to using the leftovers in my meal tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment