Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Veggies and Toast

It's been quite a long week already, so when Dylan asked me "What are you making tonight mom?", I replied with my usual "I have no idea" response. Once again, I just took all the veggies that I have out of the fridge and threw them in a pan, thus creating veggies and toast.

I needed something that was easy and there isn't a whole lot easier than just chopping veggies and cooking them up. I was however motivated long enough to grill up some slices of Texas toast to serve alongside though.

The veggies tonight consisted of onion, red and green bell pepper, chard leaves and stems, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower and corn sauteed until just beginning to soften. I added about 1/2 cup of chicken broth and brought to a simmer just until the cauliflower was fully cooked and the chard leaves completely wilted.  To finish, I added my usual seasoning of salt, red pepper flakes and fresh ground pepper.

I will say, for being completely unmotivated to cook, this wasn't half bad.  Dylan thoroughly enjoyed it (eating two full plates).  The toast was also a great side for this, soaking up what little liquid there was, but not getting too soggy because the slices were so thick.

And the best part....it was ready in under 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment