Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday Bin 6/10/11

Well this is being posted a bit late considering Friday was yesterday, but I was SO busy with getting my daughter to her roller derby practice and making cupcakes for her theatre group today that I just didn't have time.  I'm still getting the smaller personal sized bin, but have plenty to make dinner with this coming week and I've just about gotten caught up with my produce so that I can go back to the full size bin in a week or so.

In my bin this week I have:

Broccoli
Cucumber
Junior Carrots
Local Spring Onions
Red Pepper
Roma Tomatoes
New Crop Yello Potatoes
Red Leaf Lettuce
Rhubarb
Local Asparagus
Cantaloupe
Pink Lady Apples
Spring Flame Peaches
Seedless Green Grapes
Bananas
Strawberries

While I do have a busy week ahead of me, I'm looking forward to finding another creative way to use the rhubarb and should be able to use most of these items to make some quick weeknight meals.

2 comments:

  1. Remarkable. You must be getting the extra special bin because of your wonderful blog. I'm getting the small bin too, but there's no broccoli, cucumber, onions, apples, bananas, grapes or strawberries. I'm jealous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, nope, no special bin...I substituted a couple of items, and some things I actually still have from a week or so ago. I have this thing called a blue apple that helps keep my produce fresh a bit longer, and it really seems to help quite a bit. They didn't give you strawberries though? that seems weird, strawberries and broccoli seem to be two that I get a lot of, so I guess it's a good thing my daughter loves them! =)

    ReplyDelete