Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BLT's with Salmon and Avocado

I knew that there had to be a way to use the rest of my salmon from dinner last night in a new way that would make it taste less dry. On my drive home today I came up with the idea to make a sandwich.

I made a quick salmon salad using the salmon from last night flaked apart, mayo, mustard, fresh chopped parsley, chopped pickle, grated gouda parana, onion salt and ground red pepper.

I prepped the lettuce, tomato, avocado, cooked the bacon and sliced some mozzarella cheese.

To make these sandwiches I put some mayo on a slice of bread and topped it with a large spoonful of the salmon mixture and two slices of mozzarella. This was placed in a large pan with melted butter and covered until the cheese was melted. I removed the half sandwich from the pan and added the other slice of bread to toast it up. I topped the half with tomato, lettuce, bacon, sliced avocado and the other slice of bread.

I served the sandwiches with some asparagus that I grilled in the same pan used to make the bacon and used some of the bacon fat to cook this until tender.

Although this was definitely not the healthiest meal, I definitely succeeded in turning this dry salmon into a wonderfully moist salad! It was so good and Dylan loved it tonight, she even asked me for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment