Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pasta with Snap Peas and Bacon

I wasn't quite sure how I was going to use my snap peas this time, I just knew that I wanted to do something a bit more interesting with them than just heating them up and eating them. Pasta sounded like a great way to showcase these tasty peas, but when I went to my pasta drawer I didn't have enough of one kind of pasta. I ended up using a combination of elbow, shells, egg noodles and mixed shapes. While my pasta was boiling, I started on the rest.

I placed about 1/2 cup of chopped bacon into a large saute pan with some chopped onion and garlic scapes. Once the bacon was beginning to crisp and the onions translucent, I added some chopped yellow squash and the snap peas. This was cooked until just warmed through completely. After draining my pasta, I added this to the pan and stirred to combine with the vegetables and bacon. I then added a combination of grated parmesan, gouda parrana and mozzarrella cheese to the pasta and stirred until melted. After pouring the pasta into a serving dish I finished it off with a bit more of the cheese mixture and some chopped fresh basil.

This dish was great, even I had seconds, although I think I was lucky to have gotten any at all! My daughter loved it so much that she pretty much ate every bit of it and there really wasn't any leftovers, I think that her final bowl count was six!

No comments:

Post a Comment