Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blueberry Cupcakes

In the spirit of Independence Day I decided to use my blueberries this week to make cupcakes. I made a simple vanilla cupcake batter using eggs, butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, salt and milk. To the finished batter I folded in about 2 cups of blueberries in a light dusting of flour (so that they wouldn't sink) and a cup of white chocolate chips.

For the vanilla frosting I made a quick buttercream with butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and left half white and colored the other red.  I frosted the cupcakes in a red/white swirl and topped each with a blueberry.

For not being a huge fan of blueberry anything, I have to say that I am quite pleased with the result and everyone has a nice treat for the holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment