Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Friday Bin 7/22

I know that this post is a bit late, okay really late, but I ran out of time on Friday. We had to get on the road to Portland for our annual Cousin's Party at my aunt's house. Then on the way back we spent the day at Cannon Beach before coming home last night. It was a great trip and we even had warm weather (95 at times)! It was definitely hard to come back to rainy Seattle, but I'm looking forward to cooking this week!

Local Cucumbers
Sweet Corn
Walla Walla Sweet Onions
Green Beans
Local Lacinato Kale
Local Red Chard
Local Broccoli
Local Zucchini
Green Bell Pepper
Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
Cantaloupe
Red Raven Plums
Valencia Oranges
Bananas
Dark NW Cherries

Over the weekend, I made my fruit salad for everyone and it was a really big hit. It used up pretty much all of my fruit. We also brought the cherry tomatoes with us and snacked on them during our drive, which was probably the healthiest thing we ate after we left Portland, considering all the pit stops to buy junk food to and from the beach. (We had to go into Bruce's Candy Shop in Cannon Beach and grabbed a burger and shake from an old favorite spot in Morton while passing through on our detour to miss the I-5 traffic home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment