Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Bin 7/1/11

My bin today is full of items that are going to take some creativity to use up. I have a few carrots, beets and spinach left over from my bin last week but that's about it.

Green Cabbage
Local Bunched Beets
Local Butter Lettuce
Local Spinach
Local Red Chard
Yellow Squash
Sweet Corn
Garlic Scapes
Black Plums
Nectarines
Blueberries
Bananas

It has become tradition that I order two bananas in my bin and every Friday when I open it up Dylan and I eat a banana. This is the only time that you will catch me eating a banana outright, and I usually won't eat anything with banana in it unless it's in banana bread, so Dylan is pretty happy to see me eat at least one each week.

I'm very excited about using garlic scapes this week although I'm not entirely sure how to use them, so I may have to do a bit of research for this one. I think that it will go well with most of the vegetables that I have on hand now though. I also need to find a new idea for all of these beets that I have. 

I'm hoping that I get a chance to do a bit of cooking this weekend as well as find something fun to do for the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment