Friday, April 22, 2011

Pork and Cabbage with Egg Noodles

On my way to Dylan's dance class tonight, I decided that I was going to find a way to use my cabbage and came up with tonight's recipe. So after a quick stop at PCC Market on our way home, I set off to make a simple cabbage dish.

I started off by adding olive oil, garlic and onion to a large saute pan over medium heat until the onion started to become translucent. I then added some chopped cabbage and sliced crimini mushrooms. Once the cabbage and mushrooms started to cook a bit, I added thinly sliced pork strips lightly coated with a mixture of flour, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. After about 2 minutes, I added 1 cup of beef stock, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 sprigs of thyme and brought to a boil.  I then reduced the heat to a medium low and added half a bag of egg noodles, covered and simmered until the noodles were cooked through.

We also picked up a loaf of rosemary garlic bread to serve with this dish, which was a great idea!  This dish was very simple and tasty. Dylan loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment