Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Bin 4/23

Today's bin certainly is full of beautiful colors! I'm hoping now that things are starting to slow down that I can get back on track. I've missed cooking healthy meals every night and have fallen into the habit of eating all the chocolate I can get my hands on, hence the chocolate covered Peep and Snickers egg that I just scarfed down when I walked in the door...

Carrots with Tops
Celery
Cucumber
Texas Sweet Onions
Green Garlic Scapes
Red Chard
Zucchini
Asparagus
Heirloom Leaf Lettuce
Ataulfo Mangoes
Blood Oranges
Braeburn Apples

The asparagus are HUGE this week and the blood oranges are really cute and small, along with the beautiful heirloom lettuce, I'm thinking I won't have any problem coming up with delicious meal ideas.  Also, I have a new vegetable this week! Green garlic scapes are completely new to me and I'm really excited to try them out! They look extremely similar to green onions so I'm guessing they get used the same way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment