Monday, April 18, 2011

Friday Bin 4/15

Well, again, I have to apologize for posting this so late! Last week, especially the last couple of days, have been really hectic. I spent all of last week planning, prepping and setting up for my daughters Mad Hatter Tea Party themed 9th birthday. It was a lot of fun and her party turned out great, so it was all worth it!  My daughter has amazing friends and they all have wonderful parents. As for my bin, I got a lot of items that I actually was able to use up over the weekend.

Carrots with Tops
Green Cabbage
Texas Sweet Onions
Cucumber
Kale Raab
Crimini Mushrooms
Heirloom Leaf Lettuce
Lemons
Murcott Tangerines
Braeburn Apples
Minneola Tangelos
Strawberries

For my daughters tea party, of course I had to make cucumber and cream cheese tea sandwiches! This used up most of my cucumbers. I also served strawberries and carrots, broccoli and cucumber sticks to dip in honey mustard and blue cheese dipping sauces.  I was able to use up more of the fruits for the pancake breakfast that I made for Sunday morning when my daughter and all of her friends woke up.  I made a berry topping using the strawberries, fresh whipped cream, a fruit salad using grapefruit, oranges, and 3 different types of apples, and mini pancakes along with bacon and sausage. The breakfast was a big hit and everyone loved the berry topping for their pancakes!  Also, many of the ingredients in my bin were used to make a salad Sunday night. As you can imagine, most of what I received in my bin Friday has already been used, but I still have plenty of fruits and veggies in my fridge to make some delicious meals this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment