Friday, August 19, 2011

Zucchini Frittata

I have willingly eaten (and craved) eggs twice this week. I'm blaming it on some sort of chemical imbalance considering this never happens. However, I decided to take advantage of this craving and make a frittata.  It was just me at home and I figured this would be a quick idea for dinner.

I chopped half of a zucchini and a yellow squash into bite sized pieces and added them to a small saute pan with a clove of rough chopped garlic. I added a small amount of butter and when the vegetables began to brown I finished it off with a small splash of white wine (just because).  The vegetables were removed from the pan and set aside.

For the eggs, I simply whisked 3 eggs together with some salt, red pepper and paprika and poured into the small pan.  Once the eggs began to set, I added the zucchini and squash then placed the pan into a preheated 350 degree oven to finish the eggs.

When the frittata was done, I flipped it out onto a plate and sprinkled it with cheese and fresh basil.

I will admit that this was good, very good. In fact, I ate the entire thing. Although I don't see myself falling in love with eggs any time soon, I just might have to start cooking with them a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment