Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Strawberry Mango Crisp

I've been on a mission to find something tasty to make with my strawberries, so when I found out that I was getting mangoes in my bin you can only imagine the ideas that started running through my brain!  I decided to make a crisp.  It sounded really good and the thought of warm fruit with a crisp topping alongside vanilla ice cream just seemed to be the way to go!

I used two cups of sliced strawberries and two cups of mango cut into chunks. I combined the fruit with a mixture of flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar and oats (reserving about 3/4 cup for the topping) and mixed until all of the fruit was coated.  I then poured this into a glass baking dish, covered it with the remaining flour mixture and poured half a stick of melted butter mixed with the juice from one fresh squeezed lemon over top.  This was baked in a 375 degree oven for a little over half an hour.

Needless to say, it turned out really good! I have a feeling that I may be craving this quite a bit and everyone else in the house seemed to really enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment