Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Bin 3/18

It's that time again!! I love Fridays!  Even if I haven't felt well enough to do much cooking lately, I still look forward to getting my bin full of fresh fruits and veggies! I've got quite a few tasty ones this week too...

Asparagus
Spring Onions
Cauliflower
Zucchini
Collard Greens
Zucchini
Red Chard
Red Leaf Lettuce
Russet Potatoes
Fuji Apples
Navel Oranges
Strawberries
Murcott Tangerines

I've never had spring onions before, but they look a lot like purple leeks! I bet that they taste excellent just sauteed in some butter maybe to go on top of potatoes or steak? Also, my baby bok choy was substituted for collard greens this week. Even though I was looking forward to it, one of the many reasons that I love New Roots so much is that she substituted them for the greens this week because the supply just wasn't up to her standards!  I think that it is excellent that she does this, that way we aren't left with something that we are unhappy with.  I do hope that I get to make more dishes this week than what I have over the last few weeks, however now that I have discovered something called Blue Apple (a blue plastic apple that has a packet in it to catch the ethylene gases which make fruits and veggies ripen quickly and not last very long), my fruits and veggies are staying fresh longer and I have to say, I've got quite a bit to choose from which should make for some very good dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment