Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Asparagus, Red Pepper and Spring Onion Omelettes

I'm posting this a day late. This was last night's dinner and since all I made for dinner tonight was some corn on the cob, I figured that wouldn't make for a very entertaining post.

I chose to make omelettes for dinner last night, even though I don't eat eggs, because for some crazy reason, it just really sounded good!  I whisked 5 eggs in a large bowl with a little milk, salt and black pepper. I poured half of the eggs into a small pan and cooked until the eggs were set. To one side I added, chopped asparagus, red bell pepper and spring onion, then sprinkled the vegetables with some wonderful gouda parana cheese and folded the other half of the egg on top. I repeated to make the other.  Then I sprinkled more of the cheese on top of the finished omelettes.

Apparently these turned out great, but I wouldn't know because I never even got to take a bite of mine. Dylan had hers finished before I even got to consider picking up my fork and was asking me for the other one too.  I really couldn't say no, considering if she was hungry I should let her eat. So, as good as they sounded, I guess I won't know how they turned out until I make them again, which I assume won't be for a while since I very rarely think of eggs sounding good. So I'm taking Dylan's word for it that these were Awesome!

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe you made an omelete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog. Found it while looking for reviews for New Roots Organics. Your photos of the produce and your cooking helped me decide!

    ~k in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that I could help!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We often chop up spinach for a frittata. I'll have to try omelettes for dinner this week, my 2 and 4 year old kids just might eat it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing to eat for dinner is breakfast! Although I don't eat eggs very often, I really was disappointed that my daughter didn't even leave me a bite! I'm sure I will have to make it again, only in much larger quantities so that everyone can have some! haha! =)

    ReplyDelete