Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Bin 10/14/11

Today's bin is full of beautiful fall produce!

Local Carrots with Tops
Local Green Onions
Leeks
Delicata Squash
Red Chard
Lacinato Kale
Broccoli
Mixed Potatoes
Gypsy Sweet Peppers
Flavor King & Queen Pluots
Honey Crisp Apples
Local Bartlett Pears
Adriatic Figs
Bananas
Tough as Nails Coffee Blend (Middle Fork Roasters)

I'm looking forward to cooking with the delicata squash, this is an item this week that I'm not all that familiar with so hopefully I won't mess it up!  Another item I am excited to have in my bin are leeks! I haven't had them for far too long, and they have such a wonderful flavor.

I added some coffee this week too. Middle Fork Roasters is a small local roaster that gets excellent reviews. I've been wanting to try their coffee for a while now and New Roots just started offering it on their site. I can hardly wait until tomorrow morning to have some!

No comments:

Post a Comment