Thursday, October 27, 2011

Easy Steak Fajitas!

I seemed to be acquiring quite a few green onions and wasn't entirely sure what to do with them all. Then the idea of fajita's came to mind!  Although I had no idea how exactly to make fajita's, I set off to make my own version, with a twist of course.

I added 3 minced cloves of garlic, 2 thinly sliced (lengthwise) green onions, thin strips of red gypsy pepper and chopped broccoli to a pan with a little toasted sesame oil and red pepper flakes.  Once the broccoli began to soften, I added the steak strips, thinly sliced (in this case, I just purchased the pre-packaged stir fry steak).  When the steak was mostly cooked through, I removed from the heat and allowed to sit for a minute while I warmed the flour tortillas.

We added a scoop of the mixture to the tortilla, topped with a spoonful of tomatillo salsa and dinner was done!  This was so fast, used minimal ingredients and was probably the healthiest thing that we've eaten all week long!!

Dylan loved it, eating 4 entire fajita's! (I was stuffed after just 2.) She would have eaten more too, but there wasn't any left, I should mentioned that this made a large pan full of food! 

Turns out, I do know how to make a tasty tortilla and I didn't even over cook the meat! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment